For membership and events, contact: Lucy Jack 4821773 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waitati Edible Gardeners are a group dedicated to addressing the challenges of post peak oil and climate change by strengthening our community in the immediate future through food production, with emphasis on domestic-scale growing.
We aim to empower local people from the grass roots up to establish local food sovereignty or semi-autonomous food production.
- community networking
- local knowledge
- hands on learning
- local/free natural resources
- volunteered time and labour.
- garden tours
- market site for local barter and trade
- support for the school kitchen garden
- a network of local growers as a knowledge base/source who can be put in touch with people who need help
- information updates, question and answers and planting calendar in the Blueskin News.